Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Final Bachelor Degree Exam

Saturday, December 24 2005 i had my final bachelor degree exam while all of my family and almost all christians were busy to prepare for christmas day on the next day. The exam took place at Gunadarma Campus Kenari which i got there at a quarter to eight. All the preparation ok, now the it is time to wait for my turn due tue that there are 194 students were having final bachelor degree exam that thay. The briefing itself start at 9am and i need to wait untill 12pm because the examiner hasn't ready yet. All of my friend already step out from the room and have their exam while me and 15 other have need to wait for our turn.


And that goes the waiting time, they told me get my exam at 4th level of the building and seek for the room that had in-focus in it. Well, i really enjoy in that place since there are 2 operator that are beautiful enough to see while i still wait for my turn again. Here goes my turn. As i explain about my paper about SMPP Procotol V5 Implementation in PERL, the examiner check my paper and listen to my explanation. The examiner are Mr. Singgih Jatmiko, Mrs. Yuhilza Hanum, and Mrs. Sulistyo Puspitodjati. But the last one was not come that day. I feel almost no pressure because i act calm and try to use language that make no ambigu meaning with hope that will sattisfied them. I explain to them that my paper was talk about sending short message to SMSC (wireless gateway provider) through TCP/IP network. The format itself already describe in SMPP V5 Spesification and now it is implemented in PERL using OOP and State pattern approach. The program itself is a Perl Modul which consist set of classes which provide interface to communicate in SMPP protocol. But to make it different compare that other previous research than it use new function interface approach. And all of that took half an hour for me to explain it. They asked 2 question which are why it is written in perl? (Yuhilza Hanum) How do the module handle if i have message longer than 255 characters. The first answer goes as right now i understand Perl, PHP will be next target perhaps. And the second answer goes as the module itself don't take care about the message length and that complexity should be solved at application level. Ok then, the revision is in chapter 5 about the conclusion which i place in random order. He told me to put it in sequence order and the told me to report revision to him. Well that is half an hour trip on level 4th of the building.


But to me the job is not finished but it is started couse now i can't ask for money for transport to campus. I need to seek better oppurtunity and make new planning these day about my path the next day. Hoping the best to for all of Niloners, thank you for your support.

No comments: